Monday, November 5, 2007

An introduction

Alright, hey. My name is Jeremy and I'm 25 years old bachelor, and I've always been a pretty thin kid/guy my entire life. Lately though (lately = past 7 years) I've been drinking loooots of beer and while I eat pretty healthy for the most part, I've lost a lot of motivation to do any cardio. With the drinking situation, I usually drink pretty heavily for at least 2 days out of the week. By no means horrible, but not great by any stretch of the imagination.

I used to play a lot of rollerhockey, go swimming, bike, skate etc. during the 3 out of 4 seasons a year, but as life as moved foward, and I've gotten a 9-5 (ok.. 10-6) job Monday through Friday, I haven't really found much time to do anything. I wake up late usually, get to work, hunch forward and do whatever I need to do on the computer, and then I'm back here around 6. Lately I've been taking a lot of naps after I get home, then maybe if I'm lucky I'll get up around 8/8:30 and go to the gym for an hour and a half.
All of that needs to stop (well, I'd like to keep my job) but I need to be motivated to do other things, that get me up and off this damn computer, although I love it so. However the biggest thing is I need to cut back on my alcohol intake. Easier said than done, and some days are much different than others.
At my current point in life, I'm roughly 6'2 and 195lbs. 195lbs would be nice if I had any muscle to speak of, instead it's mostly a nice beer gut. While I'm not a really fat guy compared to a lot of people who would be considered overweight, I'm definitely not comfortable in my body in its current form. I'm not used to having my stomach hang over my pants. It's a new experience lately that I can really do without - and I need to do something about it.

So I'm starting some sort of program. I signed up for a 'personal trainer'-esque thing through Mens Health, and it's got a personalized eating program that is the thing I'm sorely lacking. That and some structure. So I think with a place to keep all my meals (planned ahead) it will be a lot easier for me to keep up with eating healthy, hopefully long enough that it becomes a habit and lifestyle change.

So I'll post some measurements of my beer gut and whatever else (in the pants size?) and I'll do my best to keep this updated to chart any progress (or regression). I'll even throw up a few unflattering pictures of a shirtless me with Family Guy pajama pants. Man... if only I weren't me, I'd do me...

Anyways.

Damn, forgot a side view. I'll post it later.


I got one too! Just got a little more brown sugar on mine...

1 comment:

amazinglarry said...

3 Cheers for formatting.